Thursday, November 19, 2009

Needing To Write

Why this blog? I have a family blog. I have Facebook. I have several outlets where I can express my feelings. I'm sure all of you do too. But I decided to designate a special place where I can come and write and talk about my inner most feelings in regards to my little brother.

I miss him so much and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about him and remember him. And there's rarely a day that I don't get at least watery eyed as I listen to a song on the radio that makes me think of him, or suddenly be transported back 20 years to a silly time when I was with him. There is a constant lump in my throat. I don't know if it will ever go away.

And so I write. And I want you to write too. Let this be a safe place where you can remember him and know that who ever is reading this knew and loved Joseph too. Remember the good times. Remember the frustrating times. Remember the times you got so mad at him and wanted to wring his neck. I have plenty of those. But above all, remember the fun times and all of the smiles that he brought to your face. I know I have a billion of those.

And so that is reason for this blog. Come by often. Pull up a chair and stay a while.

-Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment